Processing health claims is boring? Leave it to the robots!
Insurance companies frequently face problems related to claims processing. Handling hundreds of claims every day is tiring and error prone. Our RPA solution solved this problem for our insurance client.
4 weeks delivery time
Before working with us, our client was experiencing a high backlog of claim files due to its limited capacity. The volume of claim files was constantly growing, and the process was done manually by just two employees, who had to process 1,500 applications every week, spending around 8 minutes on every claim.
Our challenge was to transform these repetitive, manual, back-office operations, involving structured information with pre-determined rules into a high-performing robot.
The goal was to design and implement an integrated solution where unattended robots do the data collection and monitor possible errors.
With this goal in mind, we started to create the software robots and established the steps it has to follow during the process:
- INPUT file picked-up from location
- Data retrieved and definitions checked for each line
- Claim file is created and validated with internal databases
- Claim file closed and send for payment
- Status file updated for each processed line
- Send the status file to Claim Assessors
In the end, we created and implemented a robot that runs ~22hrs / day and constantly checks the work request location for new requests and reduces the average handling time from 8 minutes to 4.5 minutes for each transaction.
Overall, 40,000 transactions were processed during the 2nd half of 2018.
Positive business outcomes
Intelligent automation is the extra helping hand you need to boost efficiency, productivity, profit and employee satisfaction. Using IA has brought our client the following benefits:
- 75% of effort automated
- Average Handling Time reduced by 44%
- Reduced Backlog from 4000 to 0 in just 1 month
- Improved increase team capacity
- First Pass Yield: 94%
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Employees focused on more important activities
- Increased company reputation with local authorities
Ready to start your automation journey?
Let’s start something completely new together
Drop us a line, and we’ll get in touch.
We’ll see if we’re a match and how we can help each other.