Online Order Processing
Client satisfaction is the top priority for companies in the retail industry. Buying online should be a complete joy and the smoothest journey for both client and company.
The impeccable client experience and the frictionless journey of the merchandise to the client are attainable by Intelligent Automation solutions.
Developed in two releases over three weeks
Our client's activity is intense throughout the year. But, during Bank Holidays and Sales season, it becomes extremely accelerated. The business processes that needed automation were the repetitive, manual and low-complexity set and the decision-making processes connected to the types of orders. The operations involve order confirmation and printing of all associated documents to be shipped together with the products. This task is low value and time-consuming for the human operator because of the navigation between multiple pop-ups and clicks.
Our client had to manually process 200 orders/day, each and every order taking about 5 minutes to operate.
We had a time span of just about two weeks because Black Friday was very near. We needed to design, develop and implement a software robot that caters to the overkill of manual and time-consuming activities. An optimization release was settled for after that particular Black Friday.
The end-to-end process was split into three parts, the goal was to limit human intervention to a specific activity (performed mainly in the warehouse and on the cash register). After implementing the RPA bots, 99% of activities are automated.
As a solution, we proposed attended robots to run on demand. The human intervention was just inputting Order ID as the trigger for the robot to start the task.
Post automation, the Average Handling Time is reduced to 2 minutes per order.
Process breakdown and key facts:
- Process 1 – Identify and print Order confirmation; helped the e-shop to print up to 500 orders at Black Friday start.
- Process 2 – Perform billing on the cash register, apply member cards and discounts; Process 2 is also in scope for automation, aiming at ±80% automation on the cash register.
- Process 3 – System confirmation of Order, print applicable return documents; create and print Fiscal bill.
Positive business outcomes
- ~99 % of effort automated on delivered processes
- AHT reduced by 60%
- First Pass Yield: 100% for the selected processes
- FTE benefits – ±1.5 increased capacity after AHT reduction
- Faster confirmation and shipping of orders
- Increase in end-consumer satisfaction
- Employees focused on more meaningful work
Ready to start your automation journey?
Let’s start something completely new together
Drop us a line, and we’ll get in touch.
We’ll see if we’re a match and how we can help each other.